Couldn't find what you're looking for?
Custom Search
Search them here!

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Prevention for Hair Loss

A study shows that 1/3 of men experience hair loss/baldness at some stage or age of their lives. The most common type of hair loss that affects men is called male pattern baldness (MPB), also known as "Androgenetic alopecia." Although male pattern baldness may start as early as age 17, 50% of the severely affected are those in their late twenties. The main reason behind this condition is still unknown but it is believed that genes and the male sex hormone (testosterone) are the main culprits.


I discovered that no matter their age, almost everybody is concerned with their physical appearance and looks. Apart from the physical facial appearance, hair plays a vital role in looks. Today, I went to a few next doors open houses and I saw a lot of bald men. Well, let me tell you what I’ve learned so far. :)

Here we will look into the types of baldness and treatments.

There are two types of baldness which is:
  • Male Pattern Baldness : is the most common pattern, a man losses much or all of the hair over the top of the head.
  • Female Pattern Baldness : it involves thinning of the hair but not complete baldness.

Treatment for Baldness :

1. Wash hair everyday with an Aloe Vera , Avocado and jojoba based shampoo, massage the scalp gently, it will help open the pores and eliminate excess oil and dirt.

2. Let warm water run directly onto the scalp for a few minutes. This will help open the pores.

3. Take a multivitamin like bee pollen in addition to taking multi-minerals.

3 comments:

Ciela said...

I have experienced being bald. Yes, totally bald! The side effect of chemotherapy. But after sixteen years, I'm perfectly okay, especially my hair! Thanks for the hair tips. Very informative!

Take care, Jasmine!

http://beng-gee.blogspot.com
http;//ailecgee.i.ph

Joe said...

I hope that i would never have to worry about baldness when i get old. Please, dear lord! LOL.

I was actually thinking of getting a credit card because I think I need one. But you are right, credit cards = impulsive buying = bakruptcy!!! LOL. Have agreat day ahead, mate! Cheers!

Hey, yould you like a link-ex?

Gorgeous Ol' Eve Loves Vanilla. You? said...

If the baldness trait is inherited from the father, the guy is most likely to go bald in his 30s.

My hair has been dropping a lot lately, I'm already upset. I can't imagine if I'm balding!! I'll try the tips you recommended ;)