Couldn't find what you're looking for?
Custom Search
Search them here!

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Respecting Differences of Thoughts

Is this possible?


We all have our convictions, our ideologies, and a way of looking at the world. IF we present these thoughts in a respectful way, perhaps it is easier to see the other person's point of view. But why the disrespect?

Typically, I will accept others' opinions. There are some issues where I won't respect another opinion, like someone who thinks child abuse is acceptable, for instance, as long as they're made with a logical argument. I won't respect something like that. But I usually do respect others' opinions, as long as they return the favor.

I think that people that don't respect other people's differences are being ridiculous, but in all fairness they have the right to believe what they want. I suppose they may have had a bad experience with say, feminists and are too childish to get over it.

Of course I know I can and do respect others thoughts and opinions. Whether they agree with mine or not I just keep mine to myself and let them think they are always right. Unless it is in fact wrong and or harms others then I will step in and interfere...otherwise we all have to right to believe and think whatever we want to.

We will not ever completely agree because we are human and we are all different.I have my thoughts and beliefs that will not change and we should all get over the simple fact that we are all different and will always disagree with someone.

LOL! Sometimes the impossible is the truth. So what's the deal?

No comments: